American Fine Craft Show WASHINGTON
+ The Washington Studio Furniture Showcase
October 21, 22, 23, 2016
WE ARE BACK AT THE ARMORY! … The NEW American Fine Craft Show
Our DC show has replaced the former Washington Craft Show which was held at the convention center and was retired two years ago. It was an icon of today’s Contemporary American Craft movement.
COME SEE THE BEST OF THE BEST.
Expect a one-of-a-kind art experience of exceptional diversity, with work from artists who have exhibited in the prestigious Smithsonian & Philadelphia Craft Shows along with work that is fun, functional and affordable.
This year American Fine Craft show will present an outstanding selection of work that is bound to please both the avid collector as well as the casual shopper.
For those of you who know and appreciate fine craft and have attended the former Washington Craft Show, you can look forward to seeing many of your favorite artists at our second year at the DC Armory, along with some extraordinary new artists whose work has never been seen in the DC area.
Categories will include functional & sculptural pottery and art glass, wearable art, weaving, basketry, handmade furniture, sculpture, painting, jewelry, leather and mixed media.
Studio Furniture ShowcaseWe are proud to introduce some of the best American handmade furniture from artists & designers from around the country, working in both wood and metal.
You will meet craftsmen who have brought their very best to sell right off the floor and are also ready to design a single piece or an entire bedroom set or office suite.
There is nothing more satisfying than the personal connection you will experience whether making a single purchase or commissioning work from one of our artists.
NEW! VALET PARKING & Cafe Lounge/Bar set in the center of show for your comfort and enjoyment.
SAVE ON ADMISSION BELOW!
The DC Armory is easy to get to with parking just 400 feet across the street. Plenty of signs will guide you along the way.
By Metro: Blue or Orange Lines to Stadium-Armory Station. Download the Metro Map (pdf)
By Car: Detailed Driving Directions, enter your start location and you will get directions to make your trip to the Armory a breeze.
Join us for a weekend to celebrate everything Handmade in America.
We look forward to meeting you.
Richard & Joanna Rothbard, Directors
Public Email Survey Results for 2015 Show
• "Excellent show. Excellent mix of top notch artists I know and love and some I've never seen before. Really enjoyed the size of the show and quality." R.W.
• "Fabulous show, I was expecting it to be on par with the convention center and it was what I expected! I enjoyed that many artist had price points from low to high. Loved the show! Thank you!" P.N.
• "Sure hope you survive and thrive. Loved the show and will be there next year with friends for sure." D.S.
• "I hope the Armory will become as standard a venue for events as the Building Museum, Convention Center, and Departmental Auditorium have been. Artists were philosophical, reflecting that it takes some time to build a new event. I agree with that camp." B.E.
• "I really had no expectations, but was glad to see many of the vendors I've patronized or enjoyed visiting with in the past, plus some newcomers." G.L.